Think back to the last cup of coffee you drank. Why did you drink it? Was it because it was part of your morning routine, or was it because you don't feel human without a good dose of caffeine in the morning? Chances are you probably have answered yes to both of those questions in the past, but did you know that there are plenty of health benefits to drinking coffee as well?
It's true! That cup of joe in the morning can actually help you in more ways than one. Here are some health benefits of coffee that come when sipping on a cup or two.
- Increase your fiber intake One cup of brewed coffee has about 1.8 grams of fiber in it. So while small, it will help you get to your recommended daily goal of 20-38 grams per day, bit by bit.
- Reduces pain The caffeine in coffee works as a stimulant, and it can help to cut post-workout muscle pain by a full 48%. So don't be afraid to grab an iced coffee after you hydrate post-workout.
- Decreases depressive thoughts A study completed by the Harvard School of Public Health found that women who drink four or more cups of coffee per day were a full 20% less likely to suffer from depression.
- Increases energy levels The caffeine in coffee has been known to improve brain function including increasing energy, mood levels, and reaction times.
- Burns fat Caffeine is one of the few natural substances that has been medically proven to aid in fat burning. In fact, some studies have found that it can boost a person's metabolic rate by 3-11%! So not only will coffee give you the inspiration to work out, it will help do some of the work for you!
- Ups your nutrient intake Coffee is more than just a drink made from coffee beans and water. It is also especially nutritious and a single cup of coffee has the following nutrients: Vitamins B2 and B4, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, and Niacin.
Since there are so many health benefits of coffee, consider getting a coffee delivery service to your office every day so there's no excuse not to drink up! Our coffee provider is here to bring you all the caffeine you need, so call us today to get started.